Business objective definitions make a positive impact on the entire organization, such as saving one employee in the order department. Business objectives may be met during a specific time interval, plus the objective may be affected by other factors such as growth in orders. Achieving business goals is therefore relatively difficult to prove at project completion.
- Identification od the objective
- ID - objektiv ID
- Source - where the request for the goal arose (link to the workshop, document, request).
- Description - clear description of the objective.
- Metrics - how you know that the objective is met. What will be the output. Quantitative and qualitative evaluation.
- Date of initiation
- Owner - the person who defined the goal and to whom we will present the fulfilled goal
- Importance - choose from a range of high, medium, low
- Comments - used to record additional details or additional information from either the solver or the owner
- Consultant (solver) comment
- Owner's comment
- Carefully define the key objectives, in case of ambiguity is solved with the project owner.
- Objectives should be clearly defined so that there is no dispute about their fulfillment and concisely (this is not a detailed list of requirements, but key objectives).
- At the end of the project or after its completion, the fulfillment of the original objectives should be verified.